If you’ve ever recovered from a surgery or childbirth before, this will not be a new concept for you...
Keeping your digestive system moving freely is imperative!
Straining in the bathroom is not only painful but also damaging to your healing process. To keep your time in the ladies room easy and moving smoothly, be sure to keep on hand foods that are high in fiber. Here's one of my favorites :-)
These high fiber muffins are easy to make a day or two before your breast augmentation and keep in a container on the counter for your first morning post-op. You could also put them in the freezer to save for a little longer.
- 1 Grated Apple (I like Fuji)
- 1 Mashed Banana
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Steel Cut Oats
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2/3 cup Milk (I use Raw Goat's Milk)
- Mix together the oatmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl beat together oil, eggs and sugar. Then blend in the milk.
- Fold in the dry ingredients, and then add the mashed banana and grated apple.
Be sure not to over mix it!
Spoon mix into muffin tin the night before your procedure, and then have your help bake them at 350° for 20–25 minutes whenever you're ready for them. Enjoy!! :-)